Friday, June 22, 2007

Big Sis, Mama, Friend...


In my last post I wrote of my husband. I told you a few of the many reasons I am so in love with him. I labeled the post under "Thanks". One post is not nearly enough to cover the many reasons that I have to be thankful! I will be focusing my next few post on the reasons I have to be thankful and the many blessings the Lord has given to me.
When my last day is here I want to have lived a life of thanks. Although I will never complete this task, I want to give my best effort to tell you and most important my Lord that I am thankful for what he has given me, for he has made me so rich in love!
Today, well for the past few days I have been thinking of my eldest sister. Thursday 6/21/07 8:52 am Mandy gave birth to her second baby girl. Ava Marie is 7lbs 15oz. I cant wait to go see her! I give thanks for another beautiful girl, what a precious gift! These girls are not the only gifts that I have received from Amanda.
I cant remember one fight with Mandy growing up. She has always been kind and soft spoken.
She has given me some of the greatest memories. Like sitting on our back porch while she played her guitar and my younger sister and I sang along to Black Bird and Bobby McGee. She even took the time to teach us a little on the guitar.
I have always enjoyed singing. I thank Mandy for encouraging me to do so. Mandy has always encouraged me in all aspects of my life. She has always made me feel like she believed in me.
Mandy may be one of the few people who really understand me. I can always be myself with her. I can't count the hours that we spend on the phone. I am thankful for her friendship. I can tell her all my crazy ideas, and she tells me I'm not crazy :).
As an adolescent she would come home with her high school friends. how I looked up to them ( Nikkie, Lori, Dave, Bro) , mostly her. I'm sure at times she wished her annoying little sister would bug off, but she never said so. She always treated me as her equal. She made me feel like my thoughts were important. She never downplayed my childhood worries. I know she is a wonderful mother because of these traits.
I followed Mandy around because I just wanted to be with her. She showed me love.
She has taught me many things:
*to love coffee
* to love wine
* to love books
* to love nature
* to love conversation
* to speak my mind
* to dream
* to live those dreams
* to stand up for myself
* to be proud
* to be humble
I could go on and on.
My sister Mandy is a blessing in my life. I love her dearly. I feel closer to her now that she is 8 hours away than I did when she was living right down the hall.
I thank God for his creation and perfection. For the gift of my Hippie Sister Mandy. I love her more than words can say!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I am crying. I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you guys! My girls are the sweetest things you'll ever meet...

Zayannee said...

We can't wait to come!!! hey we would like to go to a pool while were down there. Do you know any? I cried while I wrote, were turning into big cry babies!