Wednesday, May 2, 2007

To live for today or tomorrow?

"Its only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest as if it was the only one we had."
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

I am reading Chicken Soup for the Couples Soul. I love these books :). They give you that warm fuzzy feeling! This caught my eye and got me thinking (scary I know). It's difficult to think about death. Last week a girl that I know from High School (an acquaintance not a close friend but I talked to her nearly everyday for 3 years) was killed. A horrible accident. Carly wrecked her car, while walking to find help she was hit by a 19 yr old paper boy.
She was so kind. I remember the way she talked. She had a beautiful smile. I'm am sure this is much more difficult for her family and close friends to handle. I pray that Carly is in happy in Heaven today. Such a tragic death, makes me wonder why? Why do these things happen?
A few months ago I was driving listening to the radio. It was announced that a teenage girl and her grandmother slid on a patch of ice, the car went in to the river, men jumped in after them. They could see them banging on the windows and couldn't help them. Sorry if I'm depressing you but it's a part of life. This accident made me sick. When I came home from work I found out that the teenage girl was my husband's cousin's best friend. Now it wasn't just a story on the radio, it was real because it touched the life of someone I am close to.
I got so upset. My mom is a Hospice nurse. When I'm trying to understand death she can usually calm me down. She did help me to understand that death happens. It's going to happen to her some day, it's going to happen to you, and yes it's even going to happen to me! I still didn't hear what I needed to, believe it or not my mom doesn't have all the answers, but I know somebody who does.... So I open my Bible.
I'm reading my Bible to my hubby every night from front to back. I opened it and picked up where I left off the night before. God cleared things up. It was talking about when the apostles just found out that Jesus was going to be killed. They were so upset, inconsolable. Jesus told them do not question acts of God. You have no idea what God's plan is. We must accept that God has a plan and it's not for us to understand, but one day it will show all its perfection.
So I'm thinking maybe when I die God will pull out his blue prints. Maybe he will say remember when Carly died, or remember when things didn't go your way? Well, here's what I was doing. I will say ohhhhhhhhh okay now I get it...lol! I don't know if it will work out just this way. I do believe that when I do pass to the other side (hoping that I get where I want to go) there will be relief to all the worries and questions I have. I guess that's the beauty of Faith!
We do not know the hour. I am trying to live the best that I can for today for tomorrow b/c what I do today determines where Ill be tomarrow. Hope that my babbling makes sense!
holla back with your thoughts!

No comments: