Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Its Hard

So Ive set a few goal for myself recently. My first goal is to get up early in the morning. When I say early I mean early enough to pack my husbands lunch, eat breakfast together, and still have time to get ready for work myself without rushing. This is hard for me because I love sleepy! Today I woke at about 5:20 my goal was 5:00 but hey I usually don't roll out of bed until 6:45 so its a start!

I'm also trying to uhhh lets say invest my marriage. I have a great marriage but I would like to invest more time in our future. Everybody keeps telling me that were still on the honeymoon which is a little scary because it doesn't always feel like a honeymoon! I think going to Church together is the best way to start.

I attended a Catholic school and grew up in a Catholic family. As we grew older my grandmother passed away and my mom could hardly go to Church because it reminds her of her mother. Its been 8 or more years sense my Grandma passed away. My mom goes to Church ones in a blue moon. I am trying to make Church a priority for my husband and I. I was talking to my mom yesterday and told here we were going to try a Non-Denominational Church closer to where we live and she was so upset with me. I know this is because I was raised Catholic and that is where she wants me to attend Church.

Don't worry I'm going somewhere with this story. Last night I got upset because I thought that I was doing something positive by being sure that we keep God in our lives and I got negative reactions. I laid down and read my Bible and what I read said don't try to please anybody but God, and that will please God.

I'm am sure that my mom wants God in my life, she isn't upset because she doesn't want me to have a strong faith but it doesn't matter. Obstacles that prevent you from getting close to God could present themselves in very different ways. So as much as I love my mama and value her I have to get my God in the way that works for me. So Catholics, Jews, Muslims, whoever you are if God speaks to you take it where ever you can get it. God said Hey Zay I know this nice Church just down the street from you, try it out, so I'm going to.

Its hard when your families beliefs conflict with your own! Id love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

Sara said...

It's hard when you face opposition from family. My guess is that because you are choosing something different than your mom, that she might feel like you are judging her choice of Catholicism. By not choosing it as well, you are indirectly saying "I don't agree with it". So...just hang in there. Keep going to the other church and grow in grace and peace...she will see the difference in you and no one can argue with that!

As Christians, we will always face opposition, but that doesn't mean it's easy...but we're never alone.

Anonymous said...

Good post.