Monday, May 7, 2007

Mrs. Natural ( well I'm working on it)


Woo hoo I found a local Natural Food Store! Sweet Meadows Farm Market. It is really cute inside. The only thing is I don't know what to buy! It's awful that I'm so used to having stores that guide all my buys that I don't know how to think for myself! So I'm doing a little research on what I need. I want to start with the basics.

My first local purchase was milk and root beer. The milk is from a local dairy farm in a glass bottle that you bring back when you're done to refill, I love it.. I even took pictures he he. The root beer was soooooooo good. Were weening off the pop. We drink a lot of tea in the summer time so its not too bad.

I'm so excited for this weekend because my husband is going to help me with my garden. I think were going to plant sweet corn, broccoli, green peppers, tomatoes, green beans, watermelons, and strawberries. I plan to do some canning so that we will be set for the winter. Hopefully I can learn to make jelly too.

I would love to hear your gardening tips or shopping ideas!