Friday, July 27, 2007

Guilt Free

So I have been writing about all the many gifts God has blessed me with. I plan to periodically make post of thanks. Today I just want to write about what has been on my mind recently. I am trying to get right with God.

I love music but sometimes I prefer to hear conversation so I listen to VCY America on my radio. Its a Christian station. Yesterday they were talking about the feeling of guilt. A feeling that I have to admit I feel often.

This preacher said that there is no need to feel guilt. Guilt comes from Satan. He said what we must do is pinpoint what we are feeling guilty about. That gets tricky because it can go as far back to your childhood. When you do figure out what you feeling of guilt is stemming from all you have to do is talk to God about it.

Take me for example I feel guilt because I'm not going to Church on a regular basis. So all I need to do is say " God I'm sorry I have not been going to Church. Please forgive me." Then GO. The Bible says that God will not bring up the things you have done wrong after you have asked for forgiveness, Satan does that. The only time God might bring something up is to show you have much he has loved you, not to make you feel bad about yourself

I guess I have been waiting around on my husband to go with me. We have a way of letting worldly matters take the place of going to Church. Mowing, cleaning, painting and so on. Starting this Sunday I go no matter what. I don't know why it is so hard for me to go by myself but it is!

I am the ultimate people pleaser. I don't like it and I don't know why I am always looking for approval, but I am. So I ask that God help me to want to please him instead of people who I will never be able to please! That I can find confidence in him to not feel pressured by peers.

I have been reading aloud to my husband at night from the Message ( the Bible in today's lingo). We are almost through Luke. Last night I read that you can ask God for anything that you need. I really like the example that Luke gives.

If you child ask you for something to eat would you give him a snake? If you daughter ask you for something to eat would you give her a spider? Just as you would not do these things to your child God will not do these things to you. God who created you and your child loves you more than you can understand.

God wants to give us the things that we need because we are his children. I do not have children but I know that my parents would give me the world if they could. Imagine how much more God can give and wants to give. I'm not saying to ask for ridiculous things. What I'm saying is to be direct with God when asking for the things that you need and I think God will be direct with you.

Is there anything that you're feeling guilty about?

Is there anything you want to ask God for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just don't think I can agree with this at all. While I appreciate the spirit in which it was intended, it just does not seem like the right approach to take. When will the people who take a message inside stop?

Zayannee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and making a comment. Im sorry but I dont understand what you mean. Can you please tell me what you mean by ... When will the people who take a message inside stop? Thanks!

The only thing I can gather which may be wrong is that you think I am taking the Bible and making my own message up..??? I'm just not sure!???